Saturday, July 20, 2013

My Lanzones Angel

The timing seems right.  Two mornings ago, after an hour of exercise with my newly found senior Chinese friends, I decided to deck my Tai Chi lessons with a younger group.  I, too was driving back from the park.  "What?"... some of you might ask!, but the heat was unbearable.  I waved at the Tai Chi master who frowned upon my waving hand, knowing that I was not joining them that morning.

Turning on towards my street, I see these frantic waving of hands from a lady in distress, holding her throat, gasping for air.  I parked at my driveway, not knowing what to do. Forgetting "all" security measures, I invited this stranger to my house to cool off while I call emergency services. Vivian, as she introduced herself started to breathe normally in the coolness of my home.  911 services forgotten as we started a conversation, I learned that her throat constricts in extreme heat and/or extreme cold.  Cutting the story short, this started a seemingly innocent encounter.

Innocent, is it?.. I say "time" is of the essence.  Vivian believes that her Buddha and my Jesus decided that it is "time" for us to meet.  She even started talking to me about re-arranging my furniture to follow the Feng Shui principle.

Time also for me to get another taste of lanzones.   My lanzones Angel, Vivian, calls it Bom-Bom.  Accompanied by her husband, she brought Bom-bom to my doorstep last night.   They were grateful.   I, too, am grateful to get another taste of  Lanzones (Long Tong - Thailand name on package) after more than a year.   My last "lanzones" encounter was in Malaysia, when Amy Hamada-Nanni and I decided to spend the last of our Malaysian ringgit(s) before departing this place in April, 2012.


Eaten with "gusto" and finished in one (1) sitting !
$12.98/kg... LOL !!!

1 comment:

  1. Nice of you to help a complete stranger. You're now officially designated 'The good Samaritan' - a person that Vivian's family will 'pagsar-saritaan' for a long time. Bless you sista'.

    ReplyDelete