Thursday, May 2, 2013

Spring Inspiration !

Did I shout out a few days ago that I finished/mailed my tax return before April 30th deadline?  Guess what ?!?, my cheque payment to Revenue Canada was cashed yesterday, May 1st   PRONTO !!!

Spring is here finally.  The sun is out and the birds tweeting, I get inspired easily.  These are a few things I did after calculating my brain out! LOL!!!
 
Can not pass sizing up the mega Strawberry with my thumb !

Final Product - Strawberry in Balsamic Vinegar !

Attempting to use left over caramel to give life
to the Creme Caramel aka Leche Flan !
 
Need to Clean-Up !!!


No Pine Nuts, substituted Macadamia. Amelia's Vittorio will say nah ah ahh !!
It tasted good, on crackers !!!

Tonight ... these green vegetable rosebuds
 added to my Vietnamese Pho


Friday ....  a miracle !!!
Shrimps in Avocado base (LOL)
 Few things I discovered about this week's excercise:
I can not multi-task !!! The Creme caramel was slightly overdone (burnt) while I was taking a picture of the strawberry stewed in balsamic vinegar.  Patience is a virtue !!!  Candy Decor, near collapse - not dried to perfect hard candy consistency.  Cleaning up after any experiment is a &^%$#!.  One can not substitute ingredients (in pesto!), or hear of Vittorio's tirade!  Vietnamese Pho must be ordered/eaten in a Vietnamese restaurant.  Friday's Shrimps will be a dream !!!

Hope I get further inspired !!!

5 comments:

  1. From: Angelica Michail
    To: BCHSGlobalClass62@yahoogroups.com
    Sent: Friday, May 3, 2013 12:06:48 PM
    Subject: Re: [BCHSGlobalClass62] New Post - 2 May 2013


    Aurora:


    Next time you come to Los Angeles, YOU are cooking!!!


    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today, back to my revised (nilagyan ko ng Five Spices powder) "special" adobo ... Had to imagine my vegetable dish accompaniment !!!
    Nasilip ko yung cabbage na matagal na sa vegetable bin, therefore: cabbage with bacon (cut into bits !!!)

    ReplyDelete

  3. You certainly are doing a great job on the blog even if others have been slow to submit photos and notes.
    Keep up the spring/summer invitation to yummy cuisine--- the strawberries are quite inviting. Many may not really know the "pesto" sauce flavor and Vittorio's "hmmph..." on the pine nut substitution. Don't stop though----
    Dear classmates of Class'62 ---- keep our blog animated, please!okey-dokey

    Ahmee H-Nanni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fri, May 3, 2013 at 7:31 PM
    FROM vickiestepa@yahoo.com
    Subject: Master Chef Specials !

    Hi, Master Chef!

    Mouth-watering dishes indeed! Makapabisin talaga met! Keep posting your creations, prend!

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sat, May 4, 2013 at 7:00 AM
    FROM Filipinas Natividad
    Subject:CiTi Hi Homecoming

    Glorietta called me this morning to let me know that Glory Salvador-Alipit joined other Cls'62 classmates at the Grand Alumni Homecoming now going on. Better late than never!!!
    Also Pren, Manny and I are now very much in contact with James L. He is planning to visit here some time. He is so happy with how you have been so faithful doing the Blog.
    There you are - 2 more names to add to our list.

    By the way, I have been following your culinary experiments.
    Have you heard of the adobo without vinegar and pepper? I have, but I doubt that I would call that "adobo" at all.

    Abit

    ReplyDelete