Sunday, November 4, 2012

How I wish...

... for good old days !  Slim waistlines, coiffed hair, killer heels and beautiful smiles.  Life of un-ending "lakuatsa" and parties galore. Secret "crushes", never a care of getting old and grumpy which describes me to a tee !

A few nights ago, I was reading an article regarding a course in Neuroscience to re-train one's brain for positive thinking.  I searched for articles and books to borrow. I am still searching..... then this picture came in the mail.... and "all" my searches are momentarily forgotten. The picture definitely, positively changed my thinking !

We were young once !!
Complimentary picture from Abit

4 comments:

  1. From: aurora lambino

    Ha ha ha ... where ever did you find this? this is so much fun !!!! Are you sure this is high school? naka-heels tayo met ten?

    ReplyDelete
  2. From: angelica
    Received: Sunday, 4 November, 2012, 11:20 PM


    Thanks for the picture.....seems such a long time, and yet when we get together the time collapses.... I am still amazed (and grateful) at how we are able to continue to keep in touch 50 years later!!!

    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we were all in heels, so it's not high school. This was taken in our house, at the side where we had the barbecue pit. And yes, I also remember your sweater and as well as Angel's dress. With or without my hair teased, I am a "bit" taller than Auring, he he.
    This photo is a classic!

    Abit

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, if you google Shawn Achor, he has done a lot of studies on "Happiness" and he did a PBS segment and talked about one experiment where the people surrounded themselves with books, newspaper articles, pictures of themselves, etc. when they were several decades younger and they actually started to feel younger and more energetic after a few days!!! Maybe that's what's happening when we look at our high school and college pictures. You didn't realize you are actually helping our class feel younger!!!


    Angel

    ReplyDelete