Friday, October 2, 2009

Remembering High School "In-Justice"

Response below emanates from an email exchange (excerpt):
.. there are only 3 things I remembered from High School Senior Year..
1. When the whole class (or rather I think it was everyone in Senior year), decided to boycott Miss Dumpit's class, went to the movies and got reprimanded the following day.
2. Bembo challenging Mr Balaoro (Physics Teacher) to a fist fight.
3. Gali kicked the bucket of water in front of the washroom area, in defiance of a student court Judicial ruling about his actions.
Response:
No, it was not about me kicking the bucket of water in front of the CR (thank God, I am still alive) in open defiance of Judge Ahmee’s ruling punishing me for having been found guilty of the offense, “Smoking in Public.” I remember Bembo was the prosecutor, Priscilla Q was the star witness and poor Gali was not represented, because the entire class of ’62 was against him. Thus, the Hon. Judge of the Student Court had ordered me to clean the boys’ toilet (thanks Ahmee). I can still remember Mr. Flora, the Student Court Adviser, so traumatized by my behavior that he repeatedly exclaimed, “….. you appeal my boy, you appeal my boy.” **Atty. Gali Munar

No comments:

Post a Comment