Friday, October 2, 2009

Contest with a Prize - Winner Declared

Regarding the situation involving Bembo, me and Justino, Gali has won the prize! So I will send him the prize check . (Benjie email, Oct 2, 2009)

Winning Entry:
Ben, I like your trivia idea and besides I can always use an extra buck. I think I have a good inkling of what it was all about. Now Ben, send me a check (payable to CTHI Class ‘62) because I have an answer to your provocative question:

It was a clear cold Saturday morning in January of ’62 when members of the graduating class were all converged in separate classrooms, at the Quezon Elementary School right across the old BAL/PNR station near the Military Circle. We were guinea pigs in an experimental test–a DepEd mandated aptitude examination a la SAT. I believe it was the 1st and last of such test. Did you, Bembo & Justino get the highest scores? I still have a good memory about that event, because after that, some candidates including myself became the subject of Mr. Greg Ariz's in camera inquiry, details of which I prefer not to elaborate further at this time. (Gali Munar Email Oct 2, 2009)

CONTEST:

Regarding pledges, I am making one right now -- but of a different kind. I am giving $20 (PhP 1,000 to those living in the Philippines) to the one classmate who is the first to provide the correct answer to the following question. Please send your answers to the following email address: benbagiw@yahoo.com. Here's the question:

There was an event which occurred during our fourth year (1961-62) in which the entire graduating class was involved and through which Bembo Afable, Justino Estoque and I were noted for something. What is that something?

So my fellow classmates, I will be waiting eagerly for your responses. Justino, wherever you are, you are disqualified from this contest. And that goes for you, too, Bembo!!! But your dear mother, Auntie Cecile, can proxy for you!

Best to all of you, and hurry up with your responses... Benjie

No comments:

Post a Comment