Thursday, July 23, 2009

Partial Biographies thru Email Exchange

Gleaning biographies thru email exchange, July 23, 2009:

Romulo Lamsen:
I've been here in Thailand for the past 15 years. Before that time I've been working in different companies in the Philippines. After graduation I joined Marsteel Co. which was owned by Marcos & Martel families and lucky enough to be sent to Zaphorozy, Ukraine (USSR then) for steel making. After my stint here I joined General Motors Philippines (due to Marcos greed the assembly shop closed). I also joined San Miguel Corporation and was sent to Creosot Loire France for their joint venture company established in Dasmarinas Cavite and resided in BF Homes, Paranaque, MM during all those years.When I joined Atlantic Gulf & Pacific Co. of Manila (AG & P) in the early 80's, I'm always stationed for Overseas Operations juggling from Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, India and the Middle East (have witness the Gulf war: Kuwait /Iraq as our quarters were surrounded by the allies led by US & UK).In 1994, I was offered this job in Thailand which I rejected initially. Due to their persistence, my wife was persuaded and gave her consent when she came with me to visit and meet my prospective employer. I am a typical "Human Export" of the Philippines as Human Resource (OFW) is now the number 1 export of RP bringing in billions of dollars through remittances.As the saying goes "GO BACK TO YOUR ROOTS" my family relocated to Pangasinan.

Antonio Siapno:
We should thank modern IT for all these conveniences we are now enjoying. Anyway, you will probably recall that I joined the Navy after graduation from the Academy in 1968. As fate would put it, I made it to Rear Admiral in 2001 and retired in 2002 as the Deputy Chief of Staff for Personnel, J-1 in Camp Aguinaldo. I almost made it as PMA Superintendent in June 2001 but I wasn't quite lucky.

I should have known that you've "hibernating" in Thailand the past couple of years. How long have you been there anyway? Truthfully, since 1970 which was the first time I entered Thailand via Satahip thence Bangkok during a SEATO exercise, I was able to visit Bangkok again in 1987, August 2007, and in November last year. It would have been a blast if we got together during any of those trips.

1 comment:

  1. Manuel Natividad; mnatividad546@ yahoo.com
    Received: Thursday, July 23, 2009, 7:53 PM

    Great Job! Congrats for the splendid detective work. It would be also great if everyone at one time or the other to send in their mini biographies, sort of filling up the gap after high school and getting to know one another all over again.

    ReplyDelete