Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The Life of James

Life of James @ a glance based on excerpts from email exchange between Filipinas Florendo, Manny Natividad & James Laurico:

Hi, Abit! Am glad to hear from you again....and also glad to know I am not alone suffering from Osteo arthritis.... ha ha! Manny, pati sakak madi!!. Yes, I realize this disease is not curable. Would you have any suggestions on how to lessen the pain? Am now avoiding lots of foods which I find hard not to eat. Pork, beef, even chicken meat, and a lot of other foods I love, I now must not eat.

James - First Appearance on this blog
June 3, 2009
As to my 50 years, since we were classmates, I came here to Canada in1978. I experienced working in a factory and did odd jobs as well. I studied and later on became a Programmer here in Toronto and worked for several years in the 80's in the States...in New Jersey and in New York, as a contract Prog/Analyst of AT&T. I waited for sometime to retire and so, that is it here in Canada. I have never been back to the Phil since I left in 1978.

I have three kids, all doing well. My first, a daughter produces tv shows and she has here own company. My second, also a daughter is about to finish her doctorates degree, Ph. D. in Canadian Literature and we all expect her to be done this year. My youngest son is still in university taking up Aerospace Engineering.
_________________________________________________________

NB. To "all" who are suffering from the same ailment, consult Ahmee for her secret vegetarian recipe(s) to better health & well being !!!

5 comments:

  1. Try the the chinese way vav arthritis -chop off a hole at the tip of a green papaya,pour hot water in it plus a sachet of green tea - wait for 5 min for the papain to react w/ the tea then sip the mix in a cup -you will notice some appreciable improvement in 2 weeks. Note:it has to be a green papaya...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Anonymous (Above)...
    Although, I suggested using "anonymous", to get your comments published, we do not want you to be totally anonymous... just in case your suggestion does not work out... or worst case scenario, baka naman lumala yung arthritis !!! LOL.. Sign @ the bottom of your comments pls!
    2ndly... so, what will "I" do with the papaya after? puede bang ilagay ulit sa chicken tinola? baka naman over cooked na after??? I need to be educated.. di, ako nag-papatawa !!! seriously !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I needed to ask... kasi mahal ang green papaya dito (if we can find any !). And suggested 2 weeks?, that's 14 green papayas? naman !!!
    Aurora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been looking for young, green papayas to try this for my arthritis, but without finding any yet. Pain on my knees and toes has become unbearable. What is in papaya? Will this treatment work for gout too?

      Delete
  4. Dear Anonymous of May 14, 2013 @ 12:31pm (fame!):
    If you go back to 1st comment... Anonymous of May 9, 2013 indicated "papain" (the white sticky stuff that oozes out of papaya meat when cut).
    Gout??? Cherries are good and I saw some in the grocery store last week-end already... asim!!!!
    Aurora

    ReplyDelete