Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Los Angeles Birthday

It feels so long ago when this birthday was celebrated.  The newness of a series of invitations all happening one after the other overwhelms me. But, this seems to be the norm  in this part of the country.  Among the Filipinos, they still adhere to the "sabit ka na lang muna diyan" .  Happily, I participated to include myself in these invitations where the addressee goes to Ms So & So & Family.... so, guess what?, I am the "family" !  LOL!!!

Meeting place for Judy's birthday February 8th was at the Macaroni Grill in West Covina, California.  Judy is Rod Rivo's better half.  I was blown away with the Soprano singing waitress and her Alto counterpart wishing Judy a Happy Birthday and me singing along like a pro with: Tanti Auguri a te, Tanti Auguri a te, Tanti Auguri a JUDY, Tanti Auguri a te !

At the Trattoria during dinner, the Chef, Sous Chef, Wait staff, Bus staff  and the Receptionist segued Part III of La Traviata.  In amazement, I wondered, if working there required one to be able to sing classically (not American Idol style). Then, I thought, maybe, they use this venue to practice their skill and hopefully get discovered by a scouting agent for Operas.
 
Seated (L-R): Ellen Jimenez, Judy, Rod, Percy
Standing (L-R): Richard Jimenez, Angel, Aurora, Elena Rillera

Need I identify?

No comments:

Post a Comment