Monday, August 20, 2012

Meeting a Young Friend

Similar to blog posting, we had a two day reprieve from our travels.  Then again, my travel companions had other obligations/responsibilities to attend to.  I arranged to meet friends outside of the Class62 circle during this time.  I met a FaceBook friend for lunch at the famous "CHAYA" along Legarda Road.  Aya (Gloria), is a younger sister of my friend Elsie, who I met @ UP Baguio.  Last time I saw Aya in the early '60's, she was only 9 years old.   I connected with her via FB while looking for my friend Elsie, now residing in Florida.  Since then, I could not wait to see AYA and what she had become.
(L-R): Jennifer [niece], AYA, and moi @ CHAYA Restaurant
Some of you might also remember her sister Elsie (Elisa Blando-Kellawan), who, we used to hang around with during our initial schooling @ UP Baguio.  Amy, Elsie and I, as well as Angel, Leda, Manny Mayo, Manny Natividad, Benjie, RudyC, Danny, Archie, Bong, to name a few, pursued UP Diliman to see what Abit was up to when she decided to tackle Diliman right off the bat.  While some of us were still groping in the dark as to what needs to be done with our lives, I also grew up fast with the constant pounding of Angelica to understand my Algebra and Trigonometry, if I wanted to survive being in that place.  I survived, but, it did not make me any wiser.  I still cringe when it comes to algebra & trigonometry.  Go figure, I. Am. Still. Tab-bed. after all these years.

No comments:

Post a Comment