Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Gali's TY E-mail

FROM:  Gali
Wednesday, August 22, 2012 12:35:28 PM

Ag yamanak kada kayo amin nangrung-runa kanyam Auring, gapo ti anos yo ditoy classmate yo nga sadot – sadot idi high school, sadot pay laeng angana itata.

I have been remiss in getting out my words of appreciation and gratitude to all who have lifted more than a finger and for all the time and money they all jointly and severally put into the preparation and carrying out of all reunion activities. I have no excuse for my big delay in getting out a THANK YOU note except perhaps to admit that I am still suffering from a chronic post-reunion syndrome - iliw. Our Golden gathering was beyond doubt overwhelming and an event I shall not at all stop thinking about. I’m almost certain those in attendance have enjoyed the fellowship and the activities as much as I did.

Auring, I admire your persistence and determination. I realize how difficult it was or is for you - spending countless hours using your pc and Magic Jack – in making good efforts to find the whereabouts of many of our classmates; and you never stopped or got discouraged. I am so sorry that I was not much of a big help but, I’m hoping for another opportunity to be able to make it up. Your postings remind me to be more patriotic and conscious of my country of birth, uray Amercano ak by fiction of law. I’ve visited many, many places before but, I’m so embarrassed to admit that I have not seen my own backyard. Thanks for sharing the nice pics.

Ahmee, you are the motivator and you’re probably not even aware of it. I really mean that as a complement. You made sure – sometimes in very subtle ways – that all important aspects of the jubilee celebration were followed through and made firm with definite certainty. Uray s’yak, magik-kigtud no ada bilin mo. But, I know that everything was meant well and only for the sole purpose of assuring the interest and participation of all.

Vicky, thank you. I wanted you to know that I received the souvenir album, but as Cynthia and I were leaving again for another trip, I didn’t get the chance to thoroughly check who’s who. Immediately upon our return I had more time to leisurely look at the album page by page and put familiar names to the pictures. The souvenir photo album is definitely astounding - something that I will certainly cherish for the rest of my life. Salamat for the work well done.

Maraming salamat din sa iyo, Leda. I can’t thank you enough for letting us ride in your brand new Honda and for chauffeuring us around. How thoughtful of you to prepare a basketful of food for lunch and merienda that we all consumed immediately prior to the start of our tour. The tour of the Bataan Memorial was both enjoyable and informative. Thank you so much for inviting us - Auring, Ahmee, Atong and myself – to share and experience the beauty and serenity of Las Casas. Yes, ma’il-iliwa’k kada kayo amin. I hope I am saying that correctly.

The team of Abit in Baguio and Manila definitely deserves the credit for the successful planning and carrying out of all re-union activities. I am personally pleased that Abit’s ad hoc in cooperation with the ’87 Kakabsat was able to pull through a very successful, meaningful and an absolutely memorable reunion. Thanks, Abit and please extend my appreciation and gratitude to all. Salamat din for all the give-away souvenir items. I am not using them but, definitely keep them as mementos of good memories of days gone by.

To Danny and his new set of Class ’62 officers, I am expressing my heartfelt congratulations and appreciation to them for accepting the undertaking to direct our group into more years of camaraderie and friendship. I look forward to seeing and working with them again soon.

No ada pay nalipatak pagyamane’k no ag anos kayo apo ta datoy kabsat yo ket lakayen.

Gali

No comments:

Post a Comment