Saturday, June 30, 2012

Our 50th Post - A Gala Speech


PeaEye Florendo Natividad
addressing the crowd during Gala Night

I have been bothered by the passage of time since my travel to Baguio for the golden jubilee.  I have missed the camaraderie of classmates of long ago.  One such person I miss is Filipinas Florendo, a marvelous conversationalist.  Abit as she is popularly known is wonderfully un-complicated.  Un-complicated and easy to talk with.  Spanning time and distance, I stuck by her, unaware, that I had followed her through all her accomplishments, hoping for some of that to rub off.

As she bids goodbye to leading the Class of 62, we hope that she will stick around to share her accomplishments with us.  Our "hats off" for your leadership and guidance.  Hurrah !!! for your up-coming 66th Birthday fren !  I was going to wait for July 4th to send everyone's greetings, however, the 50th post (June) deserves an un-complicated profile.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the very touching 50th post on June 30th, just a few days off my 66th birthday.... It was a wonderful homecoming for Class of 62. To everyone, thank you for making the event truly memorable and meaningful. To Danny, our new President, and to all the officers of Cls'62 Alumni, I am just a text away. And to blog62admin, please hold on and continue making a difference!- from Abit

    ReplyDelete