Thursday, December 10, 2009

Maraming Salamat Po !!!

One of Glo's (ang magandang lola) inspirational text messages, which come almost daily, says: "...A miracle is the small thing you do that makes a big difference in someone else's life...."

Last November 1 (Leda's Birthday!), Marcial texted me a miracle.

It was quite unexpected. A pleasant surprise, talaga. My pride waged a battle against my brain. However, the surreal scene of intermingled mud & belongings, crumbled partitions & shattered glass, reinforced by persistent nags and your good intentions, my ego was overwhelmed.

Our gratitude goes to all of you who extended a hand to prop up our lives and help us take great strides on the road to recovery. The travel is going to take time for the road is rough and the means meager.

I would like to cite specifically those who contributed to the tidings brought along by Marcial, the beautiful ladies of '62 who sent messages of concern and inspirational and spirit-lifting messages.

I would not want to tell you a lot of sob stories. Suffice is it to say that the flood has turned our lives and our house (which, together with our cars, marinated in the concoction of flood waters, oil & grease and mud for 3 days and 2 nights) inside out, literally. Except for what we had on, nothing was saved. Per official Pasig City records, our neighborhood tallied the highest flood waters at 3.40 meters. Even if I were to stand on Arnold's shoulders, I would still be submerged. It has derailed out plans completely.

Fortunately, not one person needed medical attention. My wife was traumatized by the devastation. My dogs, as well, by hunger, immobility and the sheer volume of water. As luck would have it, a vet volunteered free services after the flood. Now, all of them are doing OK.

All our efforts now are on reconstruction. Reconstruction of documents, our house, our lives. This is our daily activity. All other endeavors, professional, economic and/or social, are on hold. This is Reason One why it has taken time for me to write an email and express gratitude.

I have no PC yet. We tentatively stay with my son at Quezon City and he has a Mac. He also has two young kids (ages 4 &2) who have their own preferences on what program to open and what website to see whenever I try to use the Mac. They are Reasons 2 & 3.

But, nonetheless, we are getting our lives back on track.

Pretty soon, I'll be chatting with some of you and exchanging messages. I can flirt again! Relax lang, Mellicent. No more ribald messages from me. I think the flood waters have detoxicated me.

Christmas time na! It is the season of sharing. I have received an early Christmas Blessing from you folks. How fortunate can one be!

A New Year is coming. Let us all hope that it will be better, universally. For us, it will be. Sigurado yun. Kasi there is nowhere else to go but up.

Missed me? worry not for I am back, albeit, intermittently.
Luv ya all !
Again, MARAMING SALAMAT PO.
And, MERRY CHRISTMAS, indeed!
Armingol


Comments:
Amelia said...
Yabba-dabba-doo!!! What a pleasant surprise and the best ring for the holidays. I'm sure you twitched every one's heart, dear Inggo. Make the most of December and we're sure the year will end well for all of you as reconstruction carries on. Your positive stance and spirit will move you up as you premised. Welcome to the chatty mode and Big Hug from your prudish pal - Mellicent...December 10, 2009 9:12 PM

1 comment:

  1. Yabba-dabba-doo!!! What a pleasant surprise and the best ring for the holidays. I'm sure you twitched every one's heart, dear Inggo. Make the most of December and we're sure the year will end well for all of you as reconstruction carries on. Your positive stance and spirit will move you up as you premised. Welcome to the chatty mode and Big Hug from your prudish pal - Mellicent

    ReplyDelete