Friday, September 11, 2009

Natividad Florendo Family




1st Pic - Grandpere Manny and Gavin. (Grandmere PI in background)
2nd Pic - Roovin (son-in-law) w/our grandson Gavin, Abby, Maela (our daughter) with Nixie.
3rd Pic - Nel (our son) Abby (dght-in-law) & grandaughter Nixie
4th Pic - P.I. , Nel (our son) & grandaughter Nixie
** Pictures courtesy of Manny Natividad
Hello Classmates. Many of you are wondering how Abit and I got married. Benjie Abellera had a hand in this. Well, here’s how. I was working for Leo Pharmaceuticals as a Drug Representative in 1971 and I decided to Room & Board inside the U.P. Campus in Area 17. I shared this Boarding House with Benjie Abellera and Rudy Cahulugan (I wonder where he is now?). Benjie suggested we visit Abit at Sampaguita Residence Hall, also inside the U.P. Campus. (Hey, Benjie, be thankful our marriage did indeed work out, otherwise I would be blaming you now, ha. ha.). The first visit was followed by another, and another, and by then I did not need the company of Benjie and Rudy. We tied the knot the next year, the 20th of February, 1972.

We have 2 children, Nel who is now 32, married to Abby and they have a one year-three months daughter, Nixie. Both Nel & Abby are Physicians. Maela, 31, our daughter (also an M.D.) is married to Roovin a Computer Engineer and we have a handsome grandson, Gavin, who is now a year and a month old.

I have retired but Abit, who is now known as P.I. is still working for St. Lukes Medical Center, as the Vice President, Research & Biotechnology. God has been good to us and we are indeed blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Well, Manny and Abit - Thank you for the updates and photos. Hope this will encourage others to share their own stories - Quite interesting!!! I wonder if it is only Abit and Manny from the same class that "matched" and still feel blessed??? Any other lucky pairs? Keep it coming, folks - we all love to read those stories and see those pictures. Salamat, manen - Ahmee Hamada-Nanni

    ReplyDelete