Monday, September 14, 2009

Another Justino Estoque Comment

Archie & Chit Mori
I have been following your on-goings on this Spot everyday while hibernating here in New Jersey and living the "American Dream" in semi-retirement. I commend all of you busybodies for your efforts to prepare for our Grand Reunion in 2012. I will soon be back in harness there to help you guys in this grand effort. Nagpapalipas lang ako ng ilan pang sandali para maka establis ng residency for our status here. But what really caught my eye in todays blog is the search for Justino Estoque. As you know, we belong to the same profession as geologists. While I have not seen him personally after our UP days after graduating in "68 and leaving Narra Residence Hall where Justino and I resided together, I have occasionally known/read about his whereabouts in the mining industry as connected to a foreign mining company based in Surigao or Agusan. I'm pretty sure he is still active in Mindanao working as a geologist since the opportunities for mining professionals are still good in the Phil. and elsewhere world-wide even in this bad economy, So, I think Leni San Agustin could be the best person to track Justino's wherebouts. Leni, just inquire from your contacts in the Bureau of Mines the active foreign companies in Mindanao and I'm sure his name will surface. This is the best lead I could give on Justino from my vantage point here.
I will not prolong my stories, as I expect to be back there very soon. Good luck and best wishes to all of you handsome guys and gorgeous ladies of Class '62. Archie Mori

1 comment:

  1. Well, glad to know Archie has been reading and noting the "goings-on" in the blog. Continue to enjoy the USA, habang nagpapalipas ng panahon-We'll hold you to your promise to join the Manila Committee as soon as you return-that'll keep us all busy-right?Seems like 2012 will bring a BIG turnout as long as the search and fund raising is FULL STEAM AHEAD - Yeah!Ahmee

    ReplyDelete