Saturday, July 25, 2009

A Profile from Daly City, California

I have been enjoying the blog site. You are truly a detective. I know we are all in the same age group but I admit I do not remember all our classmates names and I am sure most of them do not know me either.

I now have a granddaughter age 5 and a grandson almost 3. I am still working. With this economy, I tell my family and friends that I may need to work until I am 90 years old. I am fortunate to work in a retirement community where all the residents are over 85 years old because they make me look young at 62. I work in Palo Alto and I also do consulting work with a Vocational Nursing School in the San Francisco Bay Area. Besides the 2 jobs, I have been re-elected as the President of the Philippine Nurses Assocation of America Foundation, a philanthropic arm of the PNAA. The Foundation is currently charged to raise funds to acquire a PNAA building in the US. I am hopeful that the Philippine government can house us in one of their buildings here in the US since the Filipino American nurses have helped the Philippine economy for some time. I have made contact with the Philippine Consulate in San Francisco and waiting for a reply. Angelica and I met here in San Francisco a few years ago. I think the last time you and I saw each other was in Hawaii. I am not sure when and where the next BCHS International reunion would be. Maybe we can see each other there. Regards and thank you for thinking about me.
Araceli D. Antonio, MS, RN, aracelidantonio@aol.com
Received: Saturday, July 25, 2009, 10:46 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment