Friday, June 26, 2009

Email from Down Under

Evelyn Pangan Garaicoa wrote:
Thank you so much for the newsletter. [[NB. Sent Evelyn a printed copy of the Blog posts ]]. It is really a wonderful feeling to know that everyone is keeping in touch with each other one way or the other. Appreciate the efforts, the contributions and thoughts to getting this circulated around and reaching each one of us wherever we are. Great job !!! I bow my head.

Let me share my encounter with Winnie as well. Berrima, Australia - at Penrose Park - Slogan here is "I Found a Friend at Penrose Park". Berrima is a Solemn place of worship like Medugorie, Fatima etc. Amidst the crowd, of so many pilgrims, I heard someone calling my name. I looked around - and I can't believed my eyes when I saw where the voice was coming from.. it was no other than "Winnie" Winifred Oliva. We had a twosome reunion at my place then followed by another at her sister in law's place. Just to say, that after all these years, we have recognized each other in a sea of faces, was unreal. We had a real goodtime looking back and talking of our high days (need to find our photos).

My next renuion - 1995 - Session Rd, Baguio City. Weather not so cooperative this day, I remember quite well. What a pleasant surprise as I wasn't expecting to see anyone and was heading for some errands. Standing on a corner street off Session Road was Gloria Turingan, Gloria Manalac, Dely Carrera all heading for a reunion at Teachers Camp (not sure if this was Elizabeth Balangue's place). I went with the group and saw Benjie Abellera there as well. We had a lovely day, just amazing!!! Again, we decided to meet at my place - in Quirino Hill. I have attached some photos of the day. [[ Sorry everyone.. photos not available at this time due to Technical difficulties...ie... blogsite do not accept .pdf files and Evelyn is rushing to convert them to .jpgs before she retires on Tuesday, June 30th ]]. NB. 'Will post pics as soon as we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment